Monday, March 1, 2010

Gracen Ruth Conner

baby gracen 02

I had my first newborn session with my friend Amy and her baby, Gracen. It went really well considering I had never photographed a newborn like this before and since gracen is 2 weeks old and was wide awake during my visit. I am now aching to do a newborn shoot with a really sleepy, 3-5 day old baby. Hopefully one falls into my lap because when they're that young you can contort them into all sorts of crazy positions and they don't seem to mind.


baby gracen 03

baby gracen 04

baby gracen 05

baby gracen 06

baby gracen 09

baby gracen 11

Let me know what you think! <3

11 comments:

mrs.adrienneK said...

youre GREAT!!!!

Jessica said...

Love the one with the big pink bow! They are all good, but that is my favorite.

christa said...

Oh goodness, I love these!

Michelle said...

Too cute! You are really getting the hang of this photography thing! :) Keep up the excellent work..

Kim Rakes said...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you <3

@jessica- that one may be my favorite too! It was definitley the money shot of the day

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! These are just too sweet! And now I'm yearning for another little one of my own! Looking at these pictures it's easy to forget how tired I once was. Great job!

Anonymous said...

These are sooooo gorgeous. Wow. I can't even pick a favorite because they are all so fantastic. I love seeing your photos. :-) <3 <3 And suddenly I am having baby fever something fierce!

Annette said...

These are adorable Kim! Not only are you a great designer but also an awesome photographer!

Stacey @ Riedmiller's Room said...

They all look great. I especially love that first one. I wish I had a nice picture like that of me with Lillie right after she was born. I guess it's hard to get shots like that when you're the only one taking pictures ;)

Keep it up mama!

Unknown said...

beautiful photos but i must say, that last one is my favorite ;)

Anonymous said...

The picture with "love" on it just blows me away. :]