


I started a blog a couple years ago (though the majority of it has now been made private) to note the happy little things that each day brings: the joy of taking the girls on a wagon ride and feeling the sun hit our skin, the randomness of a successful attempt at cooking cause Lord knows I have been cursed by the baking gods for all eternity, the satisfaction that comes with completing a project for my little ones, a silly night out with my girlfriends lacking all sense and class but not seeming to care... the things that make me breathe easy, the things that make my heart beat a little faster, the things that I want to smile back on years from here...
I neglected it somewhere after the birth of my second child as I needed to focus on motherhood, my marriage, and my household. I needed to get real with myself. I have never considered myself a bad mother, but I do have to admit that Nick and I were kinda "thrown" into the whole process of parenting a little earlier than we expected and I am still very much learning the ropes and figuring out my parenting style. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out marriage.
This time around, I want my blog to be a bit more uncensored and to include the struggles that are molding us, humbling us, and bringing us closer together along with the joys and hardships of finding our rhythm, establishing traditions, and making our house a home.
The truth of it all is that there are weeks where we survive off ramen noodles and then there are weeks when we eat like kings... there are spurts where we make love every night and there are weeks when I'd rather stick my face in one of Cameron's diapers then even think about having sex... there are days when I question why Nick and I jumped into marriage and then there are days when I remember how easy it was to say "I do!" and how I knew that things would fall into place, just like they always seem to....
As the sweet saying goes,
"Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride"
I want to embrace it all.
<3
Monday, November 16, 2009
A Fresh Start...
Posted by Kim Rakes at 12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i totally understand exactly what you mean. i need to start my own, but i keep getting overwhelmed with terrors of having lillie all over the internet lol.
i love your blog, though. it has got to be one of my most looked forward to blogs to look at.
lovelovelove it! it's so true and sweet.
Kim -
Oh, how I fell in love with you in LJ land and how very much this here post made me fall even deeper! (is that creepy!?) I love that you want to be uncensored - to allow the heartache and joy of your life to flow freely, to share the good and the bad. Though I always hope that the good far outweighs the bad, I want to cheer you on when things are tough and rejoice with you when life is so achingly beautiful that you want to squeeze every last bit out of it.
I look forward to you sharing this journey with us! We are so lucky!
I can't believe how big Cameron has gotten and OMG is she not the cutest damn thing EVER? (Don't tell my boys I said so!) I'm thinking that the age differences between our kids is pretty dang close and maybe we could arrange a marriage or two? ;)
<3 <3 <3
Sara (bellum from LJ - just in case!)
Post a Comment