This morning was spent putting up the tree, adorning the mantle, and enjoying the girls' new chalkboard wall while listening to Christmas music and watching football. We still have lots to do, but everything is coming along and I'm starting to think that I wouldn't mind a house festooned in garlands and lights all year round. Isn't Haley quite the skilled tree trimmer? 6 ornaments on one branch has to be some kind of record.
Tonight we are "camping out" in the living room underneath the white lights and reading christmas stories, drinking warm drinks, continuing construction on our paper chain, and getting ourselves covered in a "snow storm" of chalk dust because the weatherman decided to trick us again. I am happy to start a new tradition and have my fingers crossed that when my kids become rotten teenagers they'll still allow it.
Please share your Christmas traditions with me, old and new, I would love to hear them and possibly even adopt some!
Merry December to all, and to all a goodnight... <3
Saturday, December 5, 2009
A Christmas Preview....
Posted by Kim Rakes at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
lovely post!!! love the "camping out" idea
ahhh, traditions! we cut our tree at a local tree farm every year and
save a cutting of the bottom piece of the trunk. we put the date on it and each year we add these little pieces of wood to our manger scene like little mountains. the little plastic goats and animals look like they are enjoying the scenery! Merry Christmas! and those ornaments look beautiful all together!
oh my. i totally forgot you were on here now and i've been missing out on posts left and right :( i think i've caught up now.
i cannot wait for christmas this year. i am so excited for us to start some of our own family traditions. we don't really have many things now. and since this is lillie's first christmas i really want to make sure we start something special this year. we're getting a real tree (which i have never had) and i'm hoping we'll have to bundle up and head down to northern kentucky to get one of our own!
i need some tradition ideas, too. special pancakes on christmas morning? a themed picture each year? pictures of the fam next to that years christmas tree? i think i like that last one <3
Stacey!!! I LOVE the special pancakes idea, so so cute.... and then ofcourse there is always the traditional christmas picture, which we have failed to do! Hopefully we can start that up this year- I gave up on the santa pics for now, we got one when haley was a baby and when we took her when she was 1 she screamed her face off :(
I have a couple fun ideas coming up on here (since i haven't had ANY crafting on my blog so far, what in the world) that you could adopt. Lillie might be too young for them now, but it's good to start them now and include her too as she gets older and you can always show her the pictures of what christmas geeks you were when she was too itty bitty to know what was going on <3<3
Alicia- I commented on your blog about your tradition, but I will say it again, I really hope you put up some pictures, the idea sounds so neat! And I love a good nativity scene.
Post a Comment