Thursday, December 24, 2009

DSC_0925

DSC_0989

I love spending Christmas Eve with the Rakes side of Nick's family. I swear Mema and Poppa Rakes are everything Nick and I aspire to be when we are older... minus the cigarettes and flashing colored christmas lights, though I wholeheartedly cherish those little details about them too.

Mema is so cute in her green velvet two-piece ensemble and wobbles around all liquoured up in her kitty slippers and Poppa is very laid back and gentle yet ready to give someone a piece of his mind when it comes to the well-being of his family. Their home is full of traditions and storytelling and the same songs year after year... lots of warmth and sausage balls and two big ole mismatched broken in recliners to boot!

Oooh, my heart is just so happy right now, my soul truly needed a night like tonight and I pray my deepest prayer that God continue's to change and mold my heart and send more light and love through the remainder of his Son's birthday. After so many weeks of trials and fights and being upset and crying and things breaking apart, I finally recieved my christmas miracle in the form of a Statler brothers song. The greatest christmas present, is something you can't buy....

Merry Christmas to you and yours <3

3 comments:

Edie S. said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Stacey @ Riedmiller's Room said...

i just watched that video and it about made me cry.

HOWEVER! i love that haley is in the background making trip after trip to that snack bowl! bah! :)

Kim Rakes said...

Thank you Edie! <3

Haha Stacey, it sure is... I don't know why she didn't just park a chair there for the night. What a lil piggy! <3