Materials:
Sugar
Oatmeal
Festive Sprinkles
Glitter
Jar or ziplock baggies
Measuring Cups
Fabric or tissue paper
Ribbon, Yarn, or string

Haley is 2 and there aren't too many Christmas crafts she can completely engage in, so when I saw this recipe for "reindeer food" I was pretty excited. It involves three things Haley loves: playing with her food, transfering objects from bucket to bucket, and "hepping mommy" (helping). I wanted this to be a bit more budget friendly, so I skipped out on the sprinkles, and although we had glitter, I just felt like it's a safer treat for the birds and rabbits this way! :)
She enjoyed it so much that a complete melt-down followed completion of the project as I had to get her and Cameron ready to go to Mema's. She is keeping the girls tonight and tomorrow so I can get all caught up on my Etsy orders and because a demanding two year old and a determined 6 month old don't quite let a momma get much done! Praise God for understanding customers, willing grandparents, and for all the design opportunities he has sent my way.


Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home.
Christmas Eve can't come soon enough! ;)

6 comments:
Of course I hate to see my child cry, but the heartbroken pout face is the most pitiful and adorable thing ever! Haley's pout face is no exception, especially in the bottom right pic! I saw the reindeer munch idea somewhere recently and can't wait to do that with mine next Christmas. I wonder how big of a mess a 2 1/2 year old and an 11 month old will be able to make!?
oh thats so neat! cheer up little haley!!im sure you will have a ball with your grandparents!!!
Hi Kim, thanks for visiting Heart Felt and leaving such a lovely comment.
Your photography is amazing....and your kids are beautiful. xx
awww i love it! we used to do something similar on christmas eve. my grandma had it made already and since we spent every christmas eve with her, she always sent it home with us. i had totally forgotten until i saw this. yay!
and i have to say that haley looks adorable with her little hair bow. even in the meltdown pictures. :)
I am glad you all enjoyed Haley's pouty face and didn't think I was a witch for making my daughter hold her oatmeal goodness, haha... oh memories, the good and the not so good! I hope to catch you all having a reindeer munch parties of your own too... with happier faces ofcourse! <3
We'll definitely have to try this out! I'm sure Auggie and Libby will make a huge mess (a 1 year and a 2 year old playing with food? oh no! lol), but it's such a cute idea. Haley is adorable!
Post a Comment