Friday, December 4, 2009

This is the first year I've fixed up a complilation of all my favorite *classic* Christmas tunes to enjoy. It's undeniable... there's a little more christmas magic in the air while making gingerbread houses or trimming the tree with the timeless Frank Sinatra playing in the background and something about the sound of trumpets and bells that can make any person weak in the knees and nostalgic for christmases past. I can only hope that one day when my girls are older and scrambling around a mess of people shopping for christmas gifts, one of these songs will come on, give them a little peace, and take them back to memories of our cozy little home at Christmas no matter where they are <3

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas- Frank Sinatra
Silver Bells- Ray Conniff
My Favorite Things - Herb Alpert
It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas - Bing Crosby
White Christmas - The Drifters
I'll be Home for Christmas - Perry Como
Walking in a Winter Wonderland- Louis Armstrong
and many more...


Our family is a little late this year on starting Christmas, we are not putting up the tree and other decorations until Nick is home this weekend to enjoy the festivities with us. I can't wait to share all our little projects! :)

In other non-related cheer: Cameron's first tooth is coming in!


DSC_0047

DSC_0077

DSC_0073

Bring on the bibs and figgy pudding!

6 comments:

mrs.adrienneK said...

look at that face!!!swoon!!!!amelie called her a baby doll haha:)

christa said...

Oh my goodness, she's so cute. THOSE EYES. <3

Edie S. said...

Kim, she's gorgeous! Did you take these with your new camera, because the quality is awesome?!

Kim Rakes said...

Thanks y`all, I need to take a break from posting pictures of my kids! haha, i know i must be boring you. these were taken with my new camera- I don't know how to use it quite right just yet, but I sure am in love with it anyway :)

Stacey @ Riedmiller's Room said...

how flipping adorable. i think lillie might be cutting teeth too. everyone says that's why she's drooling and slobbering so much, but we haven't seen anything yet.

bah! little bbs!

Unknown said...

look at those beautiful blue eyes!