Wednesday, January 27, 2010

February's Big Project

DSC_1363

DSC_1366

DSC_1365

Wow. I am all shades of embarassed about the state of this room. This would have been the 4th bedroom of our home, but as our little cottage was built in the 50's and has very small rooms and non-functional closet spaces, a bedroom-to-closet convert was neccessary. Thank you Felicity and Zach, you are renovating geniuses! :)

To Do List:

+ Purge! Get rid of all old clothing we do not wear or recycle it into something for the girls
+ Dance around and celebrate after salvaging long lost favorite shirts and dresses from floor
+ 4982343 loads of laundry, roughly
+ Pick a fabric that I won't get sick after two weeks and sew curtains
+ Find old chair for sewing table
+ Invest in a more compact ironing board
+ Hang art
+ Find small craft table for the girls so we can all craft at the same time
+ Invest in coordinating wooden hangers
+ Get rid of boob-shaped light fixture
+ Replace with something along the lines of this or a charming chandelier.

Wish me luck! I`ll keep you all posted :)

8 comments:

Stacey @ Riedmiller's Room said...

GOOD LUCK! i can't wait to see the finished product. <3

Kim Rakes said...

Thanks <3<3 It will be so rewarding once it's finished and I will finally be allowed to let guests go upstairs, haha

Li and El said...

I am insanely jealous of this room! We have to use our office closet to store some of our clothes. Oh the joy of old homes.

Kim Rakes said...

Old homes are the best although I do dream of building our own from the ground up in the next 5 or so years. i just want something that is nice and clean and personalized to our specific wants and needs. But I will always cherish this home and I know it will be hard to leave <3

Beth Lemon said...

What a gorgeous space! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

I bought wooden hangers from eBay for my craft show display. You should do a search. Great idea.

Jessica said...

I look forward to seeing how you transform your room.

Kim Rakes said...

Thanks Jessica! We are already a week into february and I haven't even touched it, haha, with no time to in the near future either :(

Kim Rakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.