Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh My Deer!

DSC_0207

Meet our neighbors. This is the sweet little deer family lives across the street from us in the woods. There are 4 of them, though I was only able to get three on camera. We have caught them prancing about the streets throughout the day since the world was a bit more still and sleepy today after a glorius snowfall. They look so beautiful and magical against the white, but it's hard not to get sad for them when they scamper off scared after hearing the slightest bit of noise. Haley is cute as a button and calls them all reindeer.

DSC_0207

Tonight we are cutting out the lights, sipping on hot cocoa and looking wishfully out the window hoping to spot them again.

xoxo

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have lots of deer here and we always see them at night by the light of our car's headlights. They are really shy but it is always nice to see them.

Kim Rakes said...

Isn't it? I will always enjoy seeing the deer, especially our little in-town neighbors. They are pretty smart to live where they do, there's no hunting in town. I just hope they don't get hit by a truck.

Kim Rakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Deer! We have tons that live around us too. Our little neighborhood is surrounded by cornfields and some empty pastures. I got a picture back in December of 5 or 6 deers running through our back yard. Love it!

Kim Rakes said...

How nice to live out in the country, we live in town right now but dream of having our own little farmhouse and several acres of land. Does Libby ever get to see the deer? Haley is smitten! She always asks "where's rudolph mommy?"

Laura said...

I love how the light/snow looks like tiny hearts. Hot cocoa and quiet time, what a perfect way to spend an evening.

Kim Rakes said...

Thanks Laura, nice quiet evenings are wonderful for the soul aren't they?! I just added those hearts in afterwards, haha, liked the effect. Picnik is fun :)