After seeing this sweet garland on Wild Olive last year, I put it on my mental checklist of things I would like to complete this valentine's day. I didn't have any brown kraft paper or paper bags on hand, so I opted for some trusty old book pages instead. I have several more strands to go but I am taking a little breather before I find myself in the midst of another heart attack.
This time around, I am making the strands with several cohesive skinny hearts. I am definitley prefering the emaciated heart look over the healthy, plump heart. Hopefully this batch will balance things out a bit because I am not feeling ambitious enough to start the whole project over! Eeep!
What is it about garlands that makes our lives seem a bit more fuller and the world a bit more happier? ;)
Thursday, February 4, 2010
A Labor of Love
Posted by Kim Rakes at 6:56 AM
Labels: crafting, holidays, valentine's day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
These are adorable! They look like they'd take forever though! :)
Those are really cute! I'm working on garlands for each season this year. They won't be anything too elaborate until I learn to sew, so Valentine's Day is paper.
that turned out really well! i love wild olive :)
I found your blog through the Etsy forums and just wanted to say hi and that your blog is lovely! Have a beautiful week!
xo, Katie
http://www.kateandoli.blogspot.com
i HAVE to do this... so flipping cute. valentine's day always gets me so excited. it makes me think of little cards and homemade papers from classmates in elementary school.
<3
Thanks everyone! It is a bit tedious but it isn't hard atleast. I've seen a felt version done as well and I think I will have to make one of those next~ but with raindrops for April :)
I love this idea, and I love the look of book pages as hearts. I'm going to have to do this too!
This is so sweet. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. Have a great Sunday!
You all are so sweet! Happy Love Day crafting! And please let me know if you do, I would love to see <3
Post a Comment