So, the bad news is that Nick has to work on Valentine's day and we won't get to celebrate it until he is off on the 18th. But the good news is that this set back gives me a little more time to get things together and for this darlin' outfit I ordered from Etsy to arrive! I really hope it fits because I can't imagine a more perfect Wilderness Explorer outfit.
I have decided on doing an Up! inspired Valentine's day, except I am making a few changes to the whole shebang because it is the day of love afterall and pink, red, blue and white are a lot more appropriate than the traditional wildernesss explorer colors on a day like this.
To do:
+ Make 3 Badge Sashes
+ Make lots of little badges to earn as they complete tasks
+ Make Wilderness Explorer pennant flags to wave around
+ Make Wilderness Explorer Handbook filled with challenges
+ Make "My Adeventure Book" for Nick
+ Make little house with tons of balloons tied to it
Challenges:
+ Homemade Trail Mix
+ Learn a Hiking Song
+ Swimming (bathtime!)
+ Recycling Project
+ Tub Fishing
+ Build a Tent for a living room campout (bedtime!)
Please send along more toddler-friendly ideas that can be completed inside. It's a bit too cold and snowy to fly kites, go on a hike, collect rocks, build a fire, or complete any of the more fun (sad face, mad arms) camping tasks.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
I need your help! BIG TIME!
Posted by Kim Rakes at 6:45 PM
Labels: Etsy Finds, valentine's day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Wow, you really have a plan!! I've yet to see Up! and now I'm thinking it might be a great little movie to rent and attempt to watch with my hubby for our very low key Valentine's Day. I don't have any toddler activity ideas, and I actually was going to write a post sometime soon asking for ideas myself. Hopefully some of your followers will have some suggestions!
To Edie and anyone else who has not yet seen UP! - you will cry and probably cry a lot. It's a fantastic movie, but I'm pretty sure I cried throughout most of the movie.
And Kim - this is such an adorable idea! Did you have the little outfits made or just stumble upon them?
Haha Edie, i do have a plan, we had a bad christmas this year in certain ways and we just need a good day of love in our lives <3 I hope i get a couple more ideas, I would like for them to be able to earn eight badges.
Thanks Heather, I collect vintage baby clothing and when I saw this, i HAD to have it... I also think it would make a cute sailor outfit, so maybe we can recycle it for something else :)
I just thought of something while talking to a co-worker. Do Hailey and baby Cameron have grandparents nearby? Maybe they could come over and "help" out a grandparent?
OKAY i love love love this idea. i don't know if you planned on making one with the badges, but you have got to have the grape soda OR any other soda bottle cap made into a badge with a safety pin. so cute. maybe the safety pin isn't so safe for the babies... lol. hmm? maybe just for nick and you?
this is so cute kim. i can't wait to see how it all turns out. up made me cry my eyeballs out.
you know, oddly enough, i have a million vintage soda caps and this idea didn't cross my mind! I don't know what I am going to use them for yet, but I think I am gonna make the badges from felt and have them correspond to the activity! OOOOOOOOOOOR maybe i will just do bottlecaps if i get frustrated with the whole darn thing... we`ll just have to wait and see how patient I am feeling, haha. Thanks for such a great idea! (=
three words: stove top smores!
haha Roxanne, I like where your head is at! I was definitley planning on those for dessert and for lunch, im thinkin simple: pb&j's, apple slices, and juice boxes :)
Ok, you are really too much. This all sounds sooo fantastic. I can't wait to hear about it. I guess I better see up!, huh?
Post a Comment