Friday, February 26, 2010

Practice practice practice

03

Phew, have I been busy! I have so much on my plate to complete and so little time to do it in. 2 kids really takes it out of a person and as much as I want another now that Haley is out of the bed, I know my body, mind, and lady parts especially, need to rest.

Yesterday I had a practice photoshoot with my friend Brooke and her English Mastiff, Dually. It was definitley a challange and a change of pace, but something I wouldn't mind doing again.

I think dogs are so interesting to photograph. Their faces tell such a story if you look close enough and there is just so much character to be found in wrinkles and fur and big wet snouts. After awhile, all Dually's face could say was "Get that lense out of my way sister" but that is a dog for you! He must have thought I was some strange alien following him around with this big black contraption held up to my eye half the time.

04

05

07

13

My favorite shot of the day:

06

I still have several to sort through, but these are some of my favorites so far. I am working on my photography website and plan on opening up my services to the public in April. I am so excited for this new adventure and am so grateful for the support of friends and family along the way. I am getting more and more comfortable with my camera with every shoot and learning valuable lessons with each one as well.

It is one of the best feelings, I tell you...

Making your dreams come true ♥

5 comments:

Christina said...

can i ask you which blog template you use. I like it. its simple and clean and Id like to use it. How/where did you add the projects section (where you have your two babies sleeping photo)

thanks!

Kim Rakes said...

I use the 3 column minima blogger template. If you go to google and type in "3 column" blogger there is a tutorial. It's not as complicated as it looks so don't get discouraged :)

Christina said...

oh okay thanks! ill do the tutorial. Its not just one of the templates on blogger?
Its an html thing?
I thought it might just be a template on blogger you used. You know how you can go up to "customize template" and there are a few dozen to choose from...

Kim Rakes said...

Good luck! It isn't a template yet, but hopefully blogger will catch on to its popularity and add it (=

O. said...

I love this dog, he looks so snuggable