Sunday, February 7, 2010

(another) winter wonderland...

DSC_0357

DSC_0365

I hope this short update finds you all warm and well. Our snowy little town has been without electricity for the last few days and several areas of our county are still in the dark. We have tried to make the most of it, but being powerless has literally left me powerless to completing certain tasks and I just feel like I will never see the end of my to do list. I have much to update about, but those entries will come later as right now I am knee-deep in snow, etsy orders, love day planning, baby poop and all the dirty laundry it brings.

Stress stinks, snow stinks, poop stinks... but I will leave you with this list of happy snow day things because these are the things that keep me afloat:

+ Getting cozy in front of the fireplace
+ Bird and Deer watching
+ Uno and Checkers
+ Long naps
+ Successful Potty Training
+ Toddler toe nail painting
+ Pipe cleaners and paper bouquets
+ Cameron's sweet baby clapping
+ Sister cuddles in a pit of snow white pillows

DSC_0430
Please send happy thoughts my way and don't forget to enter the giveaway! :)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope that you are staying warm! Spring will be here soon!

Annette said...

Love your snow photos Kim and the happy snow day things were too cute! Your sweet little baby is just too precious! Stay warm and cozy!

Stacey @ Riedmiller's Room said...

cam looks so grown up! awww!

Michelle said...

What a sweet little baby face to end on. We are snowed in up this way too. I must admit, it's pretty. But this storm now is getting out of hand, you can't even wander outside without getting smacked in the face with snow. STAY WARM! :)

Kim Rakes said...

Thanks everyone, we are doing our best to stay warm! Our house is old, creaky and cold (to me atleast), the kids are always running around so they don't seem to notice ;)

Cameron is growing up, she'll be one too soon! I've already started scheming her first birthday! *sigh*